You may be surprised at how frequently tax disputes occur in the movies, or how often accountants are in the thick of the action on screen. Test your knowledge of accountants in film and television in this fun quiz.
- Which Australian-born actress explains financial terms while in a bath, drinking champagne? What is the movie?
- In what movie does Cher play an accountant? What is the opera that she and Nicholas Cage see?
- In the movie Midnight Run, why is Jonathan “The Duke” Mardukas, an accountant played by Charles Grodin, on the run?
- The movie Other People’s Money features Danny de Vito as corporate raider Lawrence Garfield. What is his nickname? To what does he compare the products of the company he is trying to take over?
- In the television series Ozark, how much money does the accountant-turned-money launderer played by Jason Bateman have to launder in order to avoid a grim fate?
- In a galaxy far, far away, why has turmoil engulfed the Republic? To what movie is this the background?
- In which movie does an accountant say: “The funny thing is, on the outside I was an honest man ... I had to come to prison to be a crook.” What is the name of the accountant?
- In the 1967 movie The Producers, accountant Leopold Bloom comes up with a scheme to make money by producing a stage show that will fail and then become a tax dodge. Who plays the accountant? What is the name of the stage show?
- In the television series Breaking Bad, what business do the perpetrators buy to launder drug money?
- What is the English title of the 1987 Japanese movie in which a tax auditor investigates a chain of love hotels?
- In the movie The Untouchables, for what crime is gangster Al Capone sent to jail?
- In what movie does a forensic auditor, played by Will Ferrell, hear a voice narrating his life and approaching death?
- In the movie The Accountant, what is the affliction of the character Christian Wolff CPA, played by Ben Affleck?
- What is the name of the central character in the 2008 movie – described as a story about “love, lust, blackmail and revenge” – The Dueling Accountant?
- In the Monty Python sketch ‘Chartered Accountant’, to what profession does the accountant hope to transition to?
- Margot Robbie; The Big Short
- Moonstruck; La bohème
- He embezzled $15 million from his gangster bosses, then skipped bail
- Larry the Liquidator; buggy whips
- $500 million
- The taxation of trade routes to outlying star systems is in dispute; Star Wars, Episode I: The Phantom Menace
- The Shawshank Redemption; Andy Dufresne
- Gene Wilder; Springtime for Hitler
- A car wash
- A Taxing Woman (the Japanese title is Marusa no onna)
- Tax evasion
- Stranger Than Fiction
- He suffers from high-functioning autism
- Mungo MacDiamond
- Lion tamer
9 great business speeches in movies